What does spelling look like in your classroom? If you have an adopted spelling curriculum, are you following it? Do you find that the scope and sequence meets the needs of your students?
I’ve just started looking into Words Their Way:
The prices for all of the books can add up quickly! I want to make sure the investment is worth it, so here are my questions:
- Which books do I need?
- How hard is it to implement without training?
- Is there a suggested scope and sequence, or do you teach patterns based off of the assessments?
- How often do you assess?
- Are the groups flexible or do kids stay in the same group all year?
- Are there materials included in the books for take-home practice as well as in-class practice?
- How family-friendly is the program?
- Are you seeing the skills carry over into their writing?
I appreciate any feedback you can give me about how spelling looks in your classroom.